Contest Finalists


It was not easy for us to narrow down the field to just three finalists from the How Do You Make a Difference Contest. Thank you to everyone that took the time to enter and share their experiences with us.

Here are the three finalists and their words. At the end, I would like for you to vote for your favorite entry and these will be weighed at the end when deciding the winner. I encourage and hope you all will share this post with others to vote; encourage everyone that steps up to help others whether it is in a small or big way--it all matters!

 (These are in the order they were posted in the comments...)

#1. Deb: When I first saw this topic, I thought it wasn't for me. How do I make a difference? But then I thought about what I do for a living (a museum archivist/curator) and how I've helped so many people throughout my career. I've help people find family members, find photographs of their relatives, learn about lost relatives through court records and newspapers. I had my answer. I've made a difference in a lot of individuals' personal lives by bringing family together.

Then I've taught many individuals how they should handle their own papers and photographs, so they will last longer and stay in the best shape possible. Something I do at work everyday. What products to use and where to get them. The dos and don'ts that every museum archivist knows deep down in their soul.

So, that you, Erika, for making me think about the small things I do everyday, and how I help others.
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥******************************♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
#2. Edi:  I make a difference by helping people preserve their memories :) Whether it is though a scrapbook they can look back on years later or by designing and creating items for their "big day" to be kept forever.
The most special items I've created are for those that have had loved ones pass away. I have created scrapbooks, pendants and ornaments to help preserve these memories :)
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥******************************♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
#3. Jenny: What a delightfully thought provoking link to the letter "D".

I just try to make a difference by living my life every day in a positive way.

For the past 12 years, I have also embraced the philosophy of giving an unexpected compliment to someone every single day. If I'm not out and about and able to do it with total strangers, I generally call a friend or a member of my family!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥******************************♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Vote for your favorite in the sidebar!

12 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Deb gets my vote :) I never knew museum curators did all this...thanks Deb :)

Honey from the Bee said...

Wonderful idea here...

My vote goes to Deb!

BeadedTail said...

That's a tough decision! They are all worthy of a vote!

Erika said...

It is a tough decision! They are all worthy of a vote but be sure to vote in the sidebar!!

And just let everyone know how much we appreciate what they do.

erika

storybeader said...

thanks edi! We both do about the same thing! {:-D

Duni said...

All of the entrants are making a difference! Not easy to decide :)

btw, are you not blogging over on Artful Rising anymore? In that case I need to update my blogroll!

Rose Clearfield said...

Wow, I felt really wrong having to pick a favorite here. I think the world of all of these ladies and everything that they do. Nicely done, everyone!

Kathleen said...

Congrats to all the finalists! Great answers!

Judy Nolan said...

These are all great answers! It will be hard to pick the best one.

Anonymous said...

Erika, what a wonderful, inspiring, and positive new blog you have created! I took a moment to pray for you and allnthe new big adjustments in your life before leaving this comment. May you experience God's provision and with His help get back into a groove in regards to all the many responsibilities you are facing. In the meantime, thank you for putting forth such an encouraging place for others to meet up! I enjoyed reading all three responses above, but inthe end Deb got my vote. How wonderful she realized the incredible difference she makes because you put forth the question.

Jenny said...

Please cast my vote for Miss Deb!

Hope your 4th of July is fabulous.

Splendid Little Stars said...

a wonderful idea for a contest. I enjoyed reading the entries!