Transform It: Coffee Table

I held my own at a garage sale with a pretty older woman that wanted the coffee table that I was resting my purse on. She actually thought my standing next to the table with my leg against and my purse on it was not enough of a claim.
The fun tug-o-war at garage sales had begun. (And this would turn out to be my first battle of the day).

She asked me the price. I told her and that I was getting it.

She waited until I picked it up before the recognition hit her eyes that the table was indeed mine.

At least she told me with a smile that I was getting a really great table.

BEFORE
The table was scuffed and had glass stains on the top as well as marker (?) on one of the legs. I did not notice the top had a checkerboard pattern until I got it home and began sanding it.

AFTER
A bit of sanding, paint, and stain transformed this coffee table into a pretty piece. My daughter declared it was for a princess. (forgive the mess on the floor--I swept and forgot to pick it up!)

And fit for a bit of tea.
This coffee table will be heading to the shop for sale!

QUESTION: What have you transformed lately?

13 comments:

storybeader said...

love the checkerboard pattern! What a nice table! {:-D

Natashalh said...

It looks fantastic! I redid this lamp I'm really pleased with, I just haven't had time to include it on the blog yet!

SarahBeth said...

The outcome is really pretty -- love the checkerboard design!

Memories for Life said...

Love the blue legs and the checkerboard top!
I transformed a shadow box into a display this morning!

Duni said...

That is a great table! And I LOVE how you transformed it!!
I'm still working on transforming my studio space :)

Ann said...

You did a great job on that, it looks fabulous

BeadedTail said...

The table turned out very pretty Erika! Now, do you picture it looking like that when you first see it or does it come out during the process of just working with it? I can't ever 'see' transformations so am fascinated by those who do!

Honey from the Bee said...

Looks great!

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Table turned out nice! What have I transformed lately--Wellm you would be proud of me, Erika! I'm transforming myself! Becoming more artsy me! Opening a new shop for my art! Sew fun!

Eyelah said...

Nice for standing your grown! Battles at garage sales. I recently transformed my bedroom dresser. I should be doing a post on it soon. But It's bright yellow now!

Kathleen said...

Great find! The checkerboard pattern is really neat.

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a fun project! It turned out great!

I got a cool, low round table at a thrift store sometime back for a great price. I have plans to transform it. I would like to decoupage a map and perhaps some travel photos on the top. It has 3 drawers and the knobs need changing. I should take some before and after photos, that is if there ever IS an after!

Judy Nolan said...

Beautiful table! I love the checkerboard design, which really stands out once you painted the rest of the table blue.