First Days

Today marks the first week of the new school year for my kids. The youngest loves his teacher and the class and actually cries a bit when he has to leave. His teacher.
ready for the new year

 I love it.

The older one (by 12 months) is ready to take charge and get her little brother to where he needs to be. She also promptly asks him for his homework when they get in the car after school. She is such a mother hen.
ready to begin

 He loves it.

I organized a backpack ministry for a few local kids whose families needed help buying school supplies. Folks really stepped up; the administrator and others got teary when they saw the monogrammed backpacks. Can you imagine that some of these kids have never had their name on anything like this before?
my kids helping take everything inside

I also enjoy my new job but am still trying to manage the new schedule. It has not been consistent yet since we are gearing up for the new year and getting the school cleaned before the teachers return next week. But I have been working on sprucing up my space as well as a bit of organization. Here is a sneak peak.
my bulletin board makeover

QUESTION: What are some of your firsts?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, they are adorable!!! I'm so glad the year has gotten off to a good start for everyone:)

SarahBeth said...

First day of school pics are so much fun -- I love looking back on my kids' first days, it's a great record of how they grow!

BeadedTail said...

What a great start to the school year! Hope your school year starts as well too next week. Your kids are so cute and it's wonderful they are learning to be as caring and generous as their mom by helping with those backpacks! You have so many reasons to be proud!

Unknown said...

They are so cute! That is an awesome thing you did with the backpacks. Those kids are really lucky to have someone like you thinking about them :)

Honey from the Bee said...

Couldn't help smiling at this post... So glad the kids are loving their school and their "jobs." ; )

EG CameraGirl said...

It's great that you have photos of this great first!

Lori said...

Your kids are darling - and so is your sneak peek!

Ann said...

I can't believe that it's back to school time already. Glad to hear your kids are off to a good start.

Memories for Life said...

What cuties! I love that she asks him for his homework...too sweet :)
I hope you're able to find a schedule that works well!

Judy Nolan said...

My favorite part of your post is when you tell how your daughter asks your son for his homework...and he loves it! (So do I.)

Duni said...

Your kids are so adorable in every way! So sweet of them to help with the backpacks for those less fortunate ♥
Isn't it nice you now have a place to make as girly as you wish?
:)

storybeader said...

looks like you're ready to roll into the classroom, just like the kids. I didn't realize school hadn't started for you yet. Nice that you have some time to get the kids ready first! My firsts were so long ago, I can't remember! {:-D

Rose Clearfield said...

I'm glad that things are going so well with your kids this school year. Your daughter looks so grown up sitting at her school desk. It's wonderful that the supply drive went so well!

Sheryl Hastings said...

Is it that tine already? I'm glad the kids are doing well with school. The kids are adorable too.

I always think it's great when people step up and help out with a good cause. There are so many people out there that need a little extra help. And your kids are learning a wonderful thing here.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Your children are the cutest!